Email is considered one of the absolute most successful of all marketing tools available. Corporations, small businesses, and even single entrepreneurs can use it effectively. If you’re thinking about launching a marketing campaign using email, it is imperative that you learn how to integrate an email design that is attractive and appealing to your target audience. Continue reading to learn about some helpful strategies that will result in your success in designing gorgeous emails for your marketing campaign.
What is Email Marketing Design?
Before delving any further, we feel it is essential that we clarify the definition of email marketing design. In simplest terms, it is a process of crafting and designing an email-based correspondence to ensure that each is easy to read, simple to understand, eye-catching, and attractive.
Each aspect of the design – be it the message, the call to action, or the visual components – plays a role in the overall design. For the purpose of this particular guide, we are going to place a heavy focus on the visual components of email design.
8 Steps to Successful Email Marketing Campaigns
When it comes to creating a successful email marketing campaign, there are 8 steps you absolutely must follow. These are as follows:
- Ensure that you place an emphasis on using the “voice” and the “tone” associated with your brand.
- A catchy and intriguing subject line is an absolute must.
- Add a personal touch – such as the recipient’s name – in order to connect to your target audience on a “real” level.
- Break up the components of the message with attractive visual elements.
- Keep it short and simple, yet clear and very concise. Get to the point and close it up with a constructive call to action.
- Make certain that you utilize responsive design in all communications that you send out.
- Close it up with a call to active that encourages the reader to take the next step that you want them to take, but do not be pushy.
- Finally, always be certain to include a button that may be used by recipients to unsubscribe from your list.
Why Are Visual Elements in an Email Important?
Internet users have known been found to have an attention span that is less than that of even a goldfish. Receiving a message with a lot of text can be highly daunting. Visual elements allow you to break up the text. In addition to this, certain visual elements – such as a chart – can aid in the process of contextualizing your message.
If you want to create gorgeous emails, visual elements will lend to your success; however, remember, it is important to ensure that those elements do not negatively impact the overall readability of the message.
Does Email Design REALLY Matter?
Yes, email design REALLY matters! You should place a focus on creating beautiful and stunning messages and you will find that those emails render the results that you desire. All that you do has a direct impact on how your brand is perceived. If you create gorgeous emails, not only will you succeed in building brand awareness, but you will – eventually – succeed in obtaining regular, loyal customers or clients!
What are the Main Elements of Gorgeous Email Design?
In short, there are 5 elements that serve as the basis of gorgeous email design. Below, you will find an outline of each, along with a brief explanation:
- Email Images – A banner image should be included in each email that represents your brand and the ultimate reason for your communication. It should instantly draw in the recipient and be visually stunning. If it has text, use a .png file. If it is a photographic-type banner, use .jpg.
- Font Selection – Your font should represent your brand and your tone. It does not matter your theme or your overall personality, there is a font out there to match! Research the science of fonts online and ensure that you use those that may be read on any device. It is also best to ensure that you go with 16 pixels, for starters, and a left alignment. Many do not realize it, but fonts have a large impact on the visual appeal of emails.
- Colors – For starters, different colors result in conveying different messages. Do a little research on the psychology of color. Determine the message you are sending and exactly what your brand stands for. Then, translate that into a unique color scheme for your email marketing campaign. For example, if you are going for trustworthiness or loyalty, blue is the way to go. If you want to display wisdom and nobility, opt for purple. Just remember, do not overdo it. Once you create a color scheme that will – eventually – become recognizable with your brand.
- Mobile Design – We are now at a point in internet history where more mobile devices are used to open emails than computers. You must ensure that all of the emails that you send out are optimized for mobile devices. If you do this, you will find that you experience higher conversions. Keep it simple, make sure every word counts, and focus on your call to action. Make sure your emails are only one column. Test your messages and ensure that they are perfectly displayed on mobile devices prior to sending. Failure to do this could result in massive levels of unsubscribes.
- Email Templates – The good news is, you no longer need to code from scratch in order to create gorgeous emails. Today, you may choose from a multitude of email templates to make the task easier. These allow you to choose an image for your banner, a color palette, your font or fonts, borders, and more! If you want to play around with design and perfect the visual components of your emails in your marketing campaigns, email templates will help you!
The Secret to Visual Information
Visually stunning emails are the perfect solution for brands that want to experience high conversions. The secret is, the human brain is actually physiologically wired to process visual-based information at a rate of up to 60 times faster than text may be processed. In short, it could take a person – literally – ONE second to process a visually stunning email message!
If you want to make sure that your email marketing campaign sticks and actually resonates with those that open your message, you must place an emphasis on email design. Be certain that you prioritize all of the content, images, and other graphics from the top of the message to the bottom of the message. It is a key fact that internet users spend approximately 80% of the time that they spend reading on the content considered to be “above-the fold”. Keep it stunning!
Contact Us Today
We here at Brick Road Media specialize in a wide array of services that can help in ensuring your business reaches the highest level of success. We specialize in creating modern websites, branding, rebranding, resolving websites that are “broke”, eCommerce websites, and monthly services such as consistent content, monitoring your website to ensure there is no downtime, coding updates, and ensuring complete security.
Our clients are our partners. You are more than just a “number” with us. You are a business partner. If you are in search of a company that will prioritize you and aid in your success, contact us here at Brick Road Media today! You may reach one of our specialists by calling the following number: 765-439-4029