As a website owner, search engine optimization (SEO) is a task that never ends. A good SEO Checklist can be very helpful.
Algorithms by search engines are consistently evolving and that competition is immensely fierce when it comes to keywords, keyword phrases, and content on the World Wide Web.
In this comprehensive guide, you will be provided with a SEO checklist that will help you ensure that your site is on-task and has the highest level of success in making it on the first page of search engine results for your niche.
If you follow the steps outlined below, your website is sure to grow immensely in popularity among internet users
- As a website owner, it is imperative that you check your sitemap frequently. There are many different tools – such as the Google Webmaster Tools – that may be used to identify crawling errors associated with broken links.
- In 2012, Google released its Penguin update. This resulted in numerous websites being penalized for links that were identified as being “spam” or “bad”. When this happens, of course, it results in the website being ranked lower in search engines. You should review your website on a regular basis to determine if bad links are present; if you find bad links, the issue should be immediately resolved.
- As a website owner, you should know and understand that site speed is critical. Today’s internet user is all about instant gratification. Websites that have fast site speeds deliver an optimal experience for internet users. By taking the steps necessary to ensure that your website loads quickly and that users are able to maneuver through your website quickly, you are sure to rank high in search engines.
- The next step to ensuring SEO as a website owner is to consistently check your title tags. These describe the content of the pages of your website to both internet users and to search engines. You should make certain that relevant keywords and information is contained within the title tags of every single page that you post.
- Website owners should make certain that meta descriptions are included on every page. These descriptions appear in search results, just below the title tag. Not only do these assist in informing search engines and users what the page is about, but, it is a great opportunity to include additional keywords and keyword phrases to assist in the ranking process.
- If you own a website, you should review the analytics of that website on a regular basis. This will help you determine your most popular content and will allow you to take advantage of that information.
- Finally, be certain that your website is mobile-friendly. In today’s world of expansive mobile devices, this is now an absolute must when it comes to search engine optimization.
If you would like to start a website or learn more about how to increase your website rankings, call Brick Road Media