Constructing an online brand strategy for your business is a delicate and somewhat challenging endeavor. Each of today’s brands consist of numerous facets, an immense level of complex dimensions, and features -all of which combine to make each one unique and highly distinct from each other brand within the marketplace. To successfully hone in on these various differences and establish a brand strategy for your business that creates a unique persona for your business is – truly -the ultimate level when it comes to the measure of success that you will experience. In this comprehensive guide, you will learn about the most critical elements of a brand strategy that will result in your business achieving high levels of success.
What is a Brand Strategy?
A brand strategy is the ultimate blueprint that will outline exactly how your business brand will effectively communicate with the entire world. It pinpoints exactly which way each of its specific characteristics is presented to or portrayed to your target audience, those within your market or niche, as well as all competitors. It is an action plan that is designed for long-term work that helps in providing order and direction to your target audience. It is the single most important aspect of differentiating your business from all of your competitors. It transforms your business into a character that has its very own personality. A character that has its own emotions, purpose, and values.
What are the Main Factors in Online Branding Factors for a Business?
There are several factors that must be taken into consideration when it comes to online branding for your business. The following outlines the main factors, with a brief description of each:
- The Customer – Branding – ultimately – starts and ends with the customer. When considering your target customer, you must consider their age, their gender, how much income they receive, and even how often they purchase online as well as what they purchase online. Online branding measures must determine how to capture the attention of customers through various channels, engagement with those customers, and the frequency of the engagement.
- Your Competitors – To succeed in online branding measures, you must analyze your competition. This will help you learn how they are connecting to their customers. Then, you will be able to learn which venues are most successful. From there, you will be able to differentiate your images, the methods you use for messaging, and even your general approach.
- Your Brand Identity – Generally speaking, the brand identity is the visual behind where your business starts and where it finishes. It is a logo or other type of visual marker. It should be interesting and capture the curiosity of your target audience, be relevant at all times, and connect effectively. It should deliver a positive emotion, a positive state-of-mind, and even positive experiences. Your brand identity must be memorable and favorable to all.
What are the Most Important Elements to Creating an Online Brand Strategy?
In order for your business to grow, you must develop an online presence that is both positive and productive. Developing and publishing a website or a blog is a huge part of this, but these cannot succeed on their own.
Your business must create a marketing strategy that is designed to attract various types of audiences and then successfully convert them into loyal customers. The following outlines the absolute, single most important elements to creating and establishing your brand in the digital world:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – This is the foundation of all successful online marketing strategies. Search engine optimization refers to various techniques that are utilized to boost your rank in the search engine results that come up with internet users search for certain words and phrases. Statistics indicate that nearly 80% of users will not go to the second page of search results; therefore, if your business is not on the first page, most will never stumble across it. If you utilize SEO techniques in your content and throughout your website, you will get more leads and your business will naturally experience a higher level of revenue.
- Web Design – All digital marketing strategies that your business utilizes will drive potential leads directly back to your website; therefore, care must be taken when designing your site. Implement a design that reflects your business in a positive and productive manner and aids people who are searching for certain types of information. Make certain the site loads quickly and that your navigation is completely streamlined. If you need assistance with your website, our website design specialists here at Brick Road Media will aid in the task. We will help drive instant results for each of our clients. We also ensure mobile responsiveness so that your website looks professional and performs optimally – regardless of what type of device is being utilized to access it.
- Content Marketing – One of the most productive branding techniques is integrating high-quality content on your website. This will allow you to directly target certain keywords and keyword phrases related to your niche and successfully answer questions that your website visitors have. Be certain to include calls to actions or “CTAs” to your content that will help guide your visitors to the next steps that they should complete. Not only will you be viewed as a respectable, trustworthy company, your business will be viewed as an engaging entity with personality and flair -this will go a long way in terms of branding your business.
- Blogging – Most websites today include a blog. A lot of the content that you place on your website will be published on a blog, but not all of it. The blog is an area of your site that may be used to personify your business. It will include information that is relevant and useful. Statistically speaking, companies will get up to 60% more website visitors when they incorporate a blog than when there is no blog. When creating and placing a blog on your website, make sure that visitors have the ability to subscribe both through email and RSS. Share your posts through your social media pages. Also, set up comments so that your visitors may engage with you and be certain to interact in return. By taking these steps, you will be able to quickly build your brand.
- Social Media Presence – Figures have established that nearly 3 billion people utilize social media platforms. Not only do these pages allow you to create a type of personality for your business, they allow you to connect directly with your current customers and your potential customers. As you connect, your business will engage in developing solid relationships with these individuals. You will take away major trends and insights that will help you further your marketing efforts for brand-building purposes. Many platforms allow you to run advertisements on their platform. This will help you quickly and easily reach all customers that you consider to be ideal. Social media platforms provide you with the unique ability to make each potential customers and current customer feel valued. Additionally, all social media platforms have a high virality rate.
- Email Marketing – When building your business brand, you must utilize the sheer power of email marketing. The general return on investment of this strategy is right at about 4500%! In terms of money, that means that if you spend $1.00, you will earn $45.00! This is not an aggressive marketing tactic. Each user that receives your emails does so because they signed up for them. You can use a variety of techniques – such as segmentation – to further customize your email marketing campaigns. You can automate all of your emails and even creating unique campaigns tailored for only a portion of your subscribers. Email marketing allows you to work a little smarter, not harder. This will help you place your focus on running your business and not elbow deep in marketing tasks.
- Analytics – To truly achieve success, you must ensure that you regularly perform analytics to be successful in the digital marketing activities that will aid in building your brand. You should analyze your website, blog, your search engine optimization efforts, your email marketing campaigns, and even your social media strategies. By doing so, you will learn where visitors are coming from, your top landing page, how many views you have, your page rank in search engines, who is opening their emails, the number of followers you have, your growth level, and other factors that detail your business momentum. By constantly evaluating your metrics, you will learn what is working and can do more of that. In the same respect, you can learn what is NOT working so that you may do LESS of that! It is a very powerful tool. Once you learn how to use it, you will be amazed at your future success!
- Filling a Need – The next step to successful brand building for your business should be to target a specific audience that has a specific need that you are capable of filling. You must take the time to learn every single thing that you are able to about your target market. Remember, marketing is not about getting the word out about your business, it is about drawing in the customer that will benefit from the product and/or service in which you specialize!
- Highlight Benefits – It does not matter what product and/or service that your business offers, remember to focus on keeping your target audience focused by highlighting the benefits of what you have to offer. Do not simply describe it or outline components and features. Instead, make it clear to your target audience exactly how your product or service will help THEM.
- Get Help – Opening, operating, and running an online business is a very challenging undertaking. You need a website, blog, keywords, and either a product or service, at the minimum. Then, you need to pull it all together in such a way that it successfully highlights that in which you specialize. Additionally, you must set up and develop a social media presence and start working on building a brand. If you have the skills and knowledge to successfully complete all of these tasks, simply skip past this step. If you do not, though, stop right here. Do a little research and get a little help. We here at Brick Road Media are capable of assisting you with all of this, and MORE! Just contact us today and we will get you up and going!
Building a Connection
To build a brand, you must build a connection. It does not matter what type of business you run or what products and/or services that you offer, you must only provide information to your target audience that helps them reach a better understanding of your business and the general industry that you are a part of.
Don’t allow yourself to get stuck on giving out tidbits of information about what you offer. Instead, focus on ALL of the aspects and factors that are directly related to what you offer and what your business is all about. This will allow you to build a connection with internet users.
In the end, you are likely to discover that your target market is a lot larger than you ever anticipated!
Online Presence is Everything!
To build a brand that is successful, you must utilize a strategy that is considered to be “smart” and highly effective. We advise working directly with a company that specializes in all aspects of the brand-building process.
The professionals in this industry are well-versed and highly knowledgeable in what works and what does not work. This will allow you to place your focus and your energy on your business.
We here at Brick Road Media are standing by to assist you in all of your brand-building activities. We are capable of guiding you directly to the road of success. If you would like to learn more, connect with us today!