Analysts have now predicted that 2019 is THE YEAR for voice searches. According to research, internet users are using voice search assistant programs – such as Siri, Google, and Alexa – to do searches on the World Wide Web, discover businesses in their area, make purchases, obtain news feeds, and more.
Approximately 65% of all people between the ages of 25 and 49 speak directly to the devices that include voice assistant programs at least once each and every single day. This age group accounts for the highest amount of general online searches, too.
If you have a blog, a website, and/or an online business, it is in your best interest to dominate the voice search arena. In doing so, you will find that your SEO rankings instantly increase.
What Are Voice Search Assistants?
Voice search assistants – such as Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri, and Cortana – is a type of voice-activated software that is capable of learning and performing tasks based on a consumer’s verbal commands on “smart” devices, such as a computer, Kindle, and smartphone.
Due to the integration of artificial intelligence, these programs have the unique ability to both recognize and respond to direct queries. As time progresses, these responses are improving at an alarming rate. As a result, consumers are becoming more and more inclined to using the voice search assistants.
As a result of the higher demand, the future of all electronic devices is sure to place a high emphasis on voice control and expanding the overall capability of the voice search assistants on the market.
Enhancement of the User Experience
We have transitioned into a society with very little patience and a need for immediate results. As a result of these facts, voice search is becoming increasingly popular. The ability to simply speak to a voice search assistant and get an immediate result drastically enhances an internet user’s over all experience.
Because of this, by the year of 2020, it is estimated that at least HALF of ALL online searches will be conducted through a voice search assistant program. What does this mean for people who have blogs, businesses, and/or websites? A LOT!
Now, search engines are placing an exceptional high emphasis on voice searches and are ranking sites that cater to these searches much higher than those that do not.
How to Dominate to Boost SEO
People talk differently than they type. People type differently than they talk. This is just a fact. If you have a website, blog, and/or an online business, you have to make sure it is optimized for both the written word and the spoken word.
This is the first and most important move that you can make to ensure first page results across all major search engines. Next, you have to understand that when a person uses voice search, they expect faster results.
Finally, internet users expect and want to have access to as much information as possible.
With that being said, use the following strategies to dominate the voice search arena and instantly boost your rankings:
- First, you must make certain that your website is responsive; that is, it works well across all types of devices – be it a desktop computer, an internet reading device, or a smartphone.
- Next, make certain that your website loads very quickly. You can achieve this by optimizing images, compressing the files you include on your site, and using a caching system to improve the speed of each of your pages.
- Third, write how people talk. In most instances, a person will ASK questions when using voice search. This means you should include “who”, “what”, “when”, “where”, “why”, and “how” questions into your site’s content. Also, voice searches will include more long-tail keywords than traditional typed inquiries.
- Next, you should include a snippet that outlines a summary of the content that you have on each of your pages.
- Be sure to consider the fact that many are searching for information pertaining to their general area. For this reason, you should use phrases such as “close to me”, “near me”, “locally”.
We Can Help
Generally speaking, it is easy to dominate the voice search arena; however, steps must be taken now to succeed. This is where we here at Brick Road Media come in – we can help you!